[EM] Discussion about web-based Range Voting polling systems

Jan Kok jan.kok.5y at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 13:34:03 PDT 2006

The people at zohopolls.com have a very nice web based Range Voting
polling system. For example, try out the 2008 US Presidential poll at
http://zohopolls.com/brokenladder/2008-u-s-presidential-election-poll-using

The zoho people have expressed great interest in working with us to
improve it further.

I suggest we hold a discussion about details of the look and feel of
this system on the RangeVoting Yahoo group. If you would like to
participate in this discussion, please join the RV group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rangevoting/ . If you know other people
who are interested in graphical user interfaces or networking
technology (e.g. how can we make this secure and minimize ballot box
stuffing?), please invite them to join the discussion.

Hope to see you on the RangeVoting list!

Cheers,
- Jan

P.S. In addition to the zohopolls system, I know about a couple other systems:

Brian Olsen has a somewhat similar web site with a slightly less slick
user interface, but additional polling analysis and other features
that the zoho polls don't have. For comparison, there is a similar
presidential poll at http://betterpolls.com/do/12 .

Augustin Masquilier has some sort of polling module for Drupal
(blogging software). Unfortunately I don't know any details.

tiki-wiki has a polling module, but it doesn't support Range Voting
(except by the kludge of having one Plurality poll per candidate).
Does someone have a connection to some tiki-wiki developers who might
be interested in this discussion?

Brian, Augustin, and others (BCC'd) are hereby invited to the discussion :-)

- Jan