[EM] Range voting, zero-info strategy simulation

raphfrk at netscape.net raphfrk at netscape.net
Tue Oct 31 12:21:25 PST 2006

 From: wds at math.temple.edu
 > Kevin, I did not understand how many voters there were in
 > your simulations.
 > Other than that, they look interesting and confirm my own
 > (and others') widely held suspicions.

I think the way it works is that he picks a number between

0 and S for each candidate.  The number of candidates is

S/10.  All the other voters are assumed to vote completely

randomly.  (Presumably, for this to work, S/2 should have

the highest probability, but I think all values from 0

to S have equal probability).

This is then assumed to be the total number of range votes

for that candidate.

The voter's ballot rates each candidate from 0-10.  He then

adds in the voter's vote and records any increased the

utility of the election due to the voter having an effect.

  Raphfrk
 Interesting site
 "what if anyone could modify the laws"

 www.wikocracy.com