[EM] RE : Range voting, zero-info strategy simulation (Warren)

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 31 09:09:57 PST 2006

Warren,

--- Warren Smith <wds at math.temple.edu> a écrit :
> Kevin, I did not understand how many voters there were in
> your simulations.

It's impossible to say precisely since I generated score totals rather
than scores from individual voters. This was mainly because it is much,
much faster to just generate score totals. Also, I don't think that
randomly generating the individual ballots (which on average would bring
all candidates' scores closer together) is a better simulation of having
no information about them.

But given S, there must be at least S/10 voters for the resulting scores
to be possible.

Kevin Venzke