[EM] Range voting, zero-info strategy simulation

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Mon Oct 30 20:09:05 PST 2006

Quoting from below:

 > These results suggest to me that in the zero-info case, if there are
 > thought to be more than about 2 other voters, Range should be voted
 > as in Approval.
 >
 > D. Zero-info Approval strategy. The voter gives a 10 to every candidate
 > at least as good as the average value of all candidates, and gives a
 > 0 to the others.

Interpreting, I see, as a common case, a couple tolerable candidates, more
lemons, at least a few dozen voters - and thus every voter who is playing
this strategy approving both tolerable candidates without indicating which
of them is preferred as best.

I see such strategy as a lemon, and this research as a lemon if it
promotes such strategy as it seems to.

DWK

                  If you want peace, work for justice.