[EM] 3ballot - revolutionary new protocol for secure secret ballot elections

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 13:24:41 PDT 2006

One small additional trick for the alternative method (described below).

The receipts could have two parts. The voter could tear the parts
apart and give one of them to some organisation (maybe right after
stepping out from the voting location) that takes care of checking
that the election will be honest. The other half the voter would keep
to herself. The idea is that e.g. in some new emerging democracies
where one can not trust fully even the organisations and where the
voters themselves do not have sufficient capability to check their
votes one could still do the checking in a relatively reliable way.
The idea is that not even the organisation (that could be a fake one)
can do any tricks with the receipts (to assist modifying votes, just
burning the receipts). Failing to report problems could be proven.
Third check after the government and organisation would still be
possible if needed.

Juho Laatu