[EM] Unicameral single-member + PR in Germany (Re: CompetitiveDistricting Rule)

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 16 17:05:13 PDT 2006

Sorry but no, I am definitively not playing with words.
I am just making sure that the terminology used, leaves
some way to describe SPPA. Call it the way you want,
but make sure people understand that a single-runner method
can have multiple-winners if the voters of each districts are considered
equivalent samples of the electorate. Thus instead of electing a loser
with 10% of the vote in a specific district as proposes Juho, it seems
fair to elect instead another loser from the same party with 49%
in a district that already has one winner. Simulation I made using both
these
systems (Juho and mine) showed an approbational rate almost double
with SPPA instead of Juho's system.