[EM] 3ballot - revolutionary new protocol for secure secret ballot elections

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Sun Oct 8 18:25:41 PDT 2006

Validation takes a long list:
      Easy to do valid setup.
      Easy for voter to use.
      Protects voter privacy.  Conceded impossible if only one voter uses
the machine, but ballots can be stored in random order for normal usage.
      Does accurate counting.
      Hard to do anything similar to what Diebold is accused of doing.
      Keeps a complete diary.  DVD-R recording looks right to me - driver
should be able to do diary recording and making amending (if possible)
impossible without leaving fingerprints.
      Make the code open and releasable, so it can get lots of validation.

The following history shows an example of instructions being hidden to
avoid inspection - such should be punished if done for wrong reasons.

A bit of history.  I had a CD for which copying was not permissible, and
presumably prevented.  Being stubborn, I learned a bit:
      COULD copy ALL the records from the CD to another.
      Program knew this and WOULD NOT run on new home.
      Looked at content - there WERE NO instruction sequences that COULD
NOTICE being moved to this different CD.
      But one routine contained some numbers where one would expect
instructions.
      AHA - look closer.  Execute this routine and the numbers became
instructions, looked at content of the gap between two records, remembered
success vs failure, and those instructions became numbers again,

DWK

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 17:18:54 -0500 (CDT) Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2006, Dave Ketchum wrote:
>
>>Is it worth bothering with without demanding a TRUE voting machine for its
>>installation?  ABSOLUTELY NOT, for there are too many ways to falsify the
>>counting!
>>
>>Given a TRUE voting machine, why add 3ballot?  ZERO value in this effort.
>

> What do you mean by a "TRUE" voting machine?
>
> If you had access to a voting machine, how would you determine that
> it was "TRUE"?
>

> -- ?!ng
                  If you want peace, work for justice.