[EM] 3Ballot -- Condorcet version # (or is it #3?) by Mrouse

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 14:18:50 PDT 2006

I think there are ways around this, or at least tricks that can make
the problems more manageable.

The particular trick I'm thinking at the moment is to allow the voter
to give her preference order to the voting machine in whatever nice
way. Then the voting machine proposes three ballots. The voter is
however able to change the ballots in whatever way she likes (the
voting machine will assist her) . When she is satisfied she tells the
voting machine to print the ballots. It is possible to manually check
some rows that they are as intended (e.g. "A>B, A>B, B>A" is ok since
she preferred A over B).

SInce many voters may just ask the voting machine to print the
ballots right away without changing or checking them it would make
sense to first propose a receipt (and corresponding ballot) that has
random content that the voting machine has generated independently of
the voter's preferences. (The other two ballots would be generated so
that they take into account voter's preferences and the content of
the first ballot.)

Juho Laatu