[EM] RE : Ranked Preference benefits

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 5 19:10:57 PST 2006

Hi,

--- mrouse1 at mrouse.com a écrit :
> Juho wrote:
> > My usual example is this:
> > 25:A>B>D>C
> > 25:B>C>D>A
> > 25:C>A>D>B
> > 24:D
> >
> I ran the example through the Rob LeGrand's election calculator at
> http://cec.wustl.edu/~rhl1/rbvote/calc.html and got the following:
>
> Winner: D
> Dodgson
> Simpson
>
> Which seemed like an odd result to me. Any idea why Dodgson and Simpson
> gave the Condorcet loser?

Both of those methods (as defined on that site) like D because he has
many votes in all of his contests, even though he doesn't win any of
them.

Simpson does not care about pairwise wins vs. losses. Dodgson does to
some extent, but not enough to keep D from winning. It considers D's
three losses combined to be much more forgivable than any of ABC's
single losses.

Kevin Venzke