[EM] Combatting the Burr dilemna

Antonio Oneala watermark0n at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 15:10:17 PST 2006

My proposal is rather simpler...

Everyone will submit a normal approval or range ballot.  However, a runoff election will be held between the winner of this and everyone whom at least 75% of the voters who approved of him also approved of.  In range extremities of opinion would be taken into account.  This really can't have any negative effects, and would be simialar to having a political primary after the election, in a non-partisan faction (I have a strong belief in non-partisanship, as I believe parties simply manipulate electoral systems, and are inherently corrupt).  The runoff is limited in applications, but it is better than the rather arbitrary top-two runoff used in many nations.