[EM] Real IRV Election, Disputable Result

Jonathan Lundell jlundell at pobox.com
Mon Mar 13 14:15:00 PST 2006

At 9:06 PM -0700 3/12/06, Jan Kok wrote:
>When I counted Kiss vs. Miller 4755 to 3988, I didn't
>count any of the Kiss=Miller votes.  I just now checked one of my
>intermediate data files and saw that there were 13 ballots that ranked
>Kiss=Miller(=others sometimes).  If you want to give each 1/2 point
>for the equal ranking, then the score would be 4761.5 vs. 3994.5
>(according to my count).

I counted the election with my own software (which noisily ignores
the = entries) and got almost exactly the reported results, with a
few very small deviations that I attribute to the = rankings.

Interestingly (I guess) Kiss and Miller had almost equal approval
counts (that is, they were each mentioned on very close to the same
number of ballots).
--
/Jonathan Lundell.