[EM] Real IRV Election, Disputable Result

bql at bolson.org bql at bolson.org
Fri Mar 10 12:38:59 PST 2006

Here it is folks, the one we've been waiting for:

http://www.ci.burlington.vt.us/ct/elections/

A real live IRV election, run last Tuesday, and different methods give
different results.

The raw data can be downloaded here:

http://www.burlingtonvotes.org/20060307/

I've adapted the data and run it through my counting software to get this:

http://two.bolson.org/a.html

I should run it through more of the systems I've implemented. Maybe I'll
do that tonight.

Anyway, I've collapsed the voting data to one file here:

http://two.bolson.org/20060308BurlingtonVT.nameeq.bz2

It's in a url-encoded format "name one=3&name two=1" etc. That's been
modified to be ratings in a sorta borda fashion; in this case 6 - ranking.

Brian Olson
http://bolson.org/