[EM] A real vote just received

eric at ericgorr.net eric at ericgorr.net
Wed Jun 7 15:46:33 PDT 2006

Just got this via my Condorcet Calculator (http://condorcet.ericgorr.net) and
thought others would be interested. All Condorcet methods picked the same
winner. All IRV methods picked the same winner. The winners of Condorcet and
IRV methods were different.

---- here's the info I got:

My book club, scifemme, sometimes uses condorcet voting to determine which book
to read next.  The long name is "Ladies Scientific Discussion Group and Tea
Party"; we started doing this after we read _Wisdom of the Crowds_ by James
Surowiecki.  (The book doesn't mention the method, but I knew of it and
proposed it at that time.)

Each letter represents a book under consideration to be read next.  (F = Surely
You're Joking, Mr Feynman, P = Visual Piety, B = Borderlands Science, S =
Stiff)

F>S>P=B
P>B>F=S
S>P>F=B