[EM] Compulsory Voting

bql at bolson.org bql at bolson.org
Wed Jul 19 17:17:11 PDT 2006

In my world, everyone eligible has to vote.

So as not to introduce junk data into the system, 'truncation' or
otherwise casting an incomplete vote is allowed.

You may even cast a blank ballot.

I like the social responsibility of voting. Everyone should do it. And if
people don't want any of the choices on the ballot then we should pay more
attention to the blank or none-of-the-above votes. I wish more pundits
counted every no-show voter as a vote for none-of-the-above. By that
measure most elections in the US are won by a plurality for
none-of-the-above. Some even by a full majority.

Brian Olson
http://bolson.org/