[EM] Election methods in student government...

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 25 07:43:57 PST 2006

Hello,

--- Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <abd at lomaxdesign.com> a écrit :
> The
> arguments allowing direct democracy mostly assume that most people
> won't be qualified to vote, i.e., won't have put in the time to
> understand the issues, etc. It's actually antidemocratic nonsense;
> what really happens is that if people don't feel qualified to vote, they
> don't.

I doubt that people who are concerned that "most people won't be
qualified to vote" would be surprised or relieved to know that when
"people don't feel qualified to vote, they don't."

When we require that people obtain a license in order to drive, this
isn't out of fear of those who *know* they shouldn't be at the wheel.

Kevin Venzke