[EM] RE : RE : Comments on the Yee/Bolson/et.al. pictures

Warren Smith wds at math.temple.edu
Fri Dec 22 22:18:00 PST 2006

The (now with random tiebreaking) Bolson pictures pretty interesting.
Approval with mean-as-threshold (at least with Bolson's utility function)
is doing some pretty weird stuff!  But "approval with poll" looks
very well behaved, at least in these examples (although I do not think
it'll be that nice always).

So, I'm worried about approval with mean-base-thresholding. Seems to me
there are grounds to worry approval voting can get us into trouble
if voters behave that way (and ditto range voting, therefore) and
ought to try to undertsand what is going on there...

wds