[EM] simulation graphs, zoomed out

Brian Olson bql at bolson.org
Wed Dec 20 18:53:26 PST 2006

The images on your site are compelling and interesting.

http://www.geocities.com/raphfrk/

I've added random tiebreaking to ApprovalNoInfo in my own code and I'm
re-running those images. With a little luck my computer will run them by
morning.

I like how it shows regions where the outcome becomes a random pick
between two tied candidates, each sufficiently approved of by the
population. They're being generated directly into the web directory and
will show up as they complete.

I don't think most other methods generally need such tie-breakers since
they are less likely to tie given rankings or ratings ballot input. On the
other hand I suppose I should add that to all the simulated methods out of
some sense of completeness.

Would it be a reasonable adjustment to the zero info strategy that when
there an odd number of choices, vote with a 50% chance on a voter's middle
choice? If the strategy is to vote yes for the top half and no for the
bottom half, then it makes sense to try and split the middle choice in
half that way.

Brian Olson
http://bolson.org/