[EM] simulation graphs, zoomed out

raphfrk at netscape.net raphfrk at netscape.net
Wed Dec 20 15:55:57 PST 2006

 I slightly modified the ApprovalNoInfo code and re-ran.

 Basically, I added:
 if ( m2 == m && random()%2 == 0 )
 {
 winner=second_place;
 }

 This just randomly swaps the winner with the 2nd place candidate
 if they tie rather then consistantly going one way. This gives
 a more balanced result than the previous run.

 I added it to a geocities webpage.

 www.geocities.com/raphfrk

 I only ran 2 sims and only with 50 voters, so there is alot
 of inherent noise. However, some of the 'noise' is just
 blending of 2 edges due to the ties. The result is
 symmetric unlike the previous case.

  Raphfrk
 Interesting site
 "what if anyone could modify the laws"