[EM] Theorems about Yee/Bolson pictures

Ka-Ping Yee election-methods at zesty.ca
Tue Dec 19 17:42:17 PST 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Warren Smith wrote:
> Theorems about Yee/Bolson pictures
> Well, I wrote about 20 emails to Ka-Ping Yee and he hasn't responded...

I do appreciate your enthusiasm about the topic, but I have to admit,
14 messages in four days is quite a barrage!  Forgive me for being
too busy to write more than three replies.

I'm glad we're in agreement that the Approval and Condorcet methods
(under the assumed voting strategies) yield Voronoi diagrams, and
thanks for extending these to other strategies as well.

I'm puzzled by your claim that a monotonic voting method could yield
disconnected winning regions.  How is that possible?  Perhaps we're
using different definitions of "monotonic" -- what I mean by it here
is that movement of the center of opinion toward a candidate cannot
cause the candidate to lose.

-- ?!ng