[EM] Thanks for postsing the 1790 results

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 08:21:16 PST 2006

The 1790 apportionment results, and their bias test, demonstrate what I've
been saying: Hill signifiantly favors smaller states over larger ones, with
much more bias than Hamilton or Webster.

The greatest ratio by which s/q varies is minimized by Hill, of course.  The
_differences_ in s/q are minimized by Webster. But I claim that what really
matters is Hill's systematic giving of more s/q to smaller states.
Systematically favoring large or small states is inexcusable for an
apportionment method.

Mike Ossipoff