[EM] Amnon Rubinstein's Proposal for Electoral Reform in Israel

Doreen Dotan dordot2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 20:40:52 PDT 2006

election-methods-request at electorama.com

  Antonio jwrote:

   >STV was a half-hearted attempt to fix a broken system, SNTV.

  In learning a bit about SNTV I came across this curious factoid: "The New Party (of Taiwan, my parentheses) had a surprisingly effective system by asking party supporters to vote for the candidate that corresponded to their birthdate. This led to a system of vote allocation which had been adopted by all parties for the 2004 ROC Legislative elections." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_non-transferable_vote). Why is this???

  Doreen

http://www.geocities.com/dordot2001/ImperativeOfMoralMaths.html