[EM] [Fwd: [Formers] [Black Box Voting on H.B. 550]]

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Fri Apr 14 01:52:37 PDT 2006

Black Box Voting gets overly wordy below, but the message is valuable and
they have proved value in their previous warnings:
       HR 550 DOES NOT demand correct elections.
       But, if passed, it becomes an excuse to walk away without fixing the
problems.

I would emphasize:
       Paper trails are useless unless able to be, and in fact are, used to
insure against failure.
       Still want the basic voting procedure designed to avoid failure.
       DREs have an undeserved bad name:
            Agreed the label has been applied to equipment NOT designed or
built for that purpose.
            When those doing the design and build WANT computers to be
dependable they CAN and DO produce such.  Look at ATMs, computers used in
hospitals, etc.

DWK