[EM] MDD,ER-Bucklin (whole)

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 23 07:25:50 PDT 2005

Chris,

--- Chris Benham <chrisbenham at bigpond.com> a écrit :
> Simmons, Forest wrote:
>
> >If you use a range style ballot, and just go down one slot per Bucklin move, then you could
> discard the majority defeated candidates.  It might help mitigate the Clone Winner problem, too.
>
> Isn't  "just go down one slot per Bucklin move"   the version of
> "Bucklin"  that  Kevin Venzke demonstrated  (Sun.Jun.26) fails  Mono-raise?

I think the problem goes away if you allow the voter to specify blank ranks, and
do not assume that when a candidate is raised, this causes empty slots (or anyone
else) to move down.

I think this is plain Median Rating. I'm not sure what I think about putting MDD
on the front. It would mitigate the clone problem, since all such problems would
come from MDD only. It would lose Majority, though.

Kevin Venzke