[EM] what is RV?

stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 18 14:30:42 PDT 2005

Thanks Chris,

exactly what I wanted.

Some mail ago (adressed to Mike if I remember well)
was referring to range voting and saying that adding
the values or averaging was the only proper way of
using this information.

Median_Ratings seems a far better way to handle that information.
Putting an artificially high or low value on a candidate would
almost never affect a candidate score, and if it does it would be
by almost nothing. Thus unsincere strategies appear useless.

This seems a very promising aspect. Am I missing something?

Steph