[EM] more re Deluxe MDDA

Warren Smith wds at math.temple.edu
Tue Oct 11 10:43:24 PDT 2005

Incidentally, Deluxe MDDA is probably even worse than un-deluxe ranked-ballot methods
with respect to add-top failure, no-show paradoxes, and the like, because you can
use the approval counts quite easily to set up bad scenarios where the new
voter creates (unfortunately for him) a Condorcet winner, who then wins regardless of how
approved (or not) he is.

[this is a continuation of my previous email.]

By "even worse" I mean, such failures are more common, or at least are easier to devise.
wds