[EM] Bishop's Condorcet Matrix Deconstruction

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Sat Nov 26 17:53:46 PST 2005

A defense?

While an array of sports results can be looked at as Condorcet matrices
are looked at:
      It was constructed in a different manner.
      Therefore there will not necessarily be a collection of ballots that
could create an identical matrix.
      Therefore it is questionable whether such an array should be called
a  Condorcet matrix.

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:12:02 -0800 Simmons, Forest wrote:

> Nifty!
>
> I think it should be called "deconstruction" rather than "decomposition," but it is a nifty procedure, especially for those of us who like to think up election methods examples and counter-examples in tournament form.
>
> Dave K. asked where one might encounter a condorcet matrix that wasn't formed from a ballot set.
>
> How about a round robin sports tournament?
>
> Forest

                  If you want peace, work for justice.