[EM] "scored condorcet", etc

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Tue Nov 22 18:15:11 PST 2005

"Condorcet lets voters rank the candidates, looks at ALL that the voters
say, and compares each pair of candidates.  Doing all the counting is easy
enough by computer, but a strain by hand.  When there are near ties they
can get called cycles and resolution takes thought."

Defend the statement that "Condorcet looks at ALL that the voters say". No
method that begins counting from a pairwise matrix can do that. Furthermore,
there are numerous "Condorcet" methods because there are numerous ways to
distinguish between the cycles created when ONLY the pairwise matrix is
used.

There isn't even A "Condorcet method". Choose one, and that you have to
proves that there are many "Condorcet" ways to process "ALL that the voters
say", though none really do.