[EM] Why study only public election proposals?

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Sat Nov 12 10:43:23 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 16:50 -0800, Simmons, Forest wrote:
> There are many uses for election methods besides public election
> proposals.  They are used in various sports contexts, pattern
> recognition software, search engines, etc. [...]  If you want to stay
> in your tiny little public proposal world, that's fine, but don't
> expect everybody else to limit themselves to your provincial point of
> view.

I have to agree with James Green-Armytage on this subject, and ask: who
you're addressing?  This mailing list is /not/ limited to public
proposals.  Below is a link to the charter:

http://electorama.com/em

This thread has kicked up some dust, and given some of the responses, it
seems that some people are confused about the scope and nature of this
list.  I'd ask that everyone who feels the need to express an opinion
about who gets to post on this mailing list please read the charter
first.

Thanks
Rob