[EM] MMPO's name

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Thu May 26 22:54:06 PDT 2005

Hi Mike,

--- MIKE OSSIPOFF <nkklrp at hotmail.com> a écrit:

> For public proposals, MMPO won't do as a name. Too long, for one thing. And
> "MinMax" is out because people will reject the proposal immediately because
> it sounds mathematical.
>
> How about Least Unpreferred? Or Least Opposition? Or Most Acceptable? I'm
> not saying that those are  the best public names for MMPO, but they're  my
> first suggestions.

I'm writing a web page right now, on which I call MMPO "Minimum Opposition,"
and CDTT "Equal Majorities" (to be in the same vein as "Maximize Affirmed
Majorities"). In my opinion the word "minimum" should be kept, so that it
sounds more formal. I think LU certainly won't work, since inevitably it
would be referred to as "the Least Unpreferred method."

> Not that wv fails LNH often enough for any advocate of LNH to reasonably
> object to.

I think it's a reasonable complaint (due to the defection/cooperation
implications), but for me, it's not a deal-breaker.

Kevin Venzke