[EM] RE: MMPO, FBC, Raynaud

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Tue May 24 08:28:41 PDT 2005

Hi Forest,

--- "Simmons, Forest" <simmonfo at up.edu> a écrit :
> Kevin, thanks for supplying the details of MMPO's FBC compliance.
>
> I never doubted it since I suggested it back in March 2003, inspired by your "median winner"
> method for two slot ballots.

Hmm, interesting. Since understanding what FBC means (i.e. sometime after your
message), I never supposed MMPO might satisfy FBC.

> I was discouraged when Markus and Steve pointed out to me that MMPO failed Clone Winner, since
> Clone Winner compliance is important for avoiding the spoiler problem.
>
> It seems like there should be some way to get around that.

The closest I've seen is CDTT,RandomBallot or CDTT,DSC. But I was interested
in preserving LNHarm compliance. Perhaps with an eye towards FBC something closer
can be devised.

> How about Reynaud (PO)?  Does the sequential elimination  wreck the FBC?

Since it satisfies Condorcet, I'm pretty sure that it must.

Kevin Venzke