[EM] Re: Pareto

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 23:43:07 PDT 2005

James--

You said:

Could you post (or send me) an example, or a link to an example?

I reply:

I can only refer you to books that have voting system criteria. In
partilcular, _Selected Topics In Voting Systems_ (or something like that),
by Shriffin, published by [something] Verlag, lists Sequential Pairwise as
the proposed method that fails Pareto.

But the academic literature isn't a useful place to look for critrerion
definitions, because the academics aren't very good at saying what they
mean. We could spend lots of time debating what they mean, but why waste our
time.

Mike Ossipoff