[EM] Comments on additional posting about Arrow's CC

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sat May 14 21:55:22 PDT 2005

Nathan Herring said:

>I am not sure if it has any bearing on your and Mike's disagreement, but
>from that wording above, I would not read that he assumes as ranked ballot,

Russ said:

Excuse me, but that's precisely my point. Arrow is talking about ranked
ballots, but he doesn't even bother to mention that fact explicitly in
his definition of the Condorcet criterion.

I comment:

So, the fact that that quote gives absolutely no indication of how Arrow
would like to deal with nonrank ballots proves Russ's point, because Russ is
sure of what Arrow meant about nonrank ballots.

Russ continued:

And he says
nothing whatsoever about preferences independent from actual votes, of
course.

I reply:

...signifying what? Does Russ believe that no one should mention preference
because Arrow doesn't?

This concludes my comments on these 3 postings that I hadn't previously
commented on.

Mike Ossipoff