[EM] FBC

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sat May 14 20:23:24 PDT 2005

Kevin--

You wrote:

I hate to bring this up again, but this is why I consider FBC hard to
use.

I reply:

Yes,  but FBC compliance is good to have, when it has been proven.

And so far the question of FBC complaince has been answered for Approval and
CR (affirmatively) and for wv, margins, IRV, Plurality, Borda, Bucklin,
etc., etc. (negatively).

New methods might require work to establish compliance or noncompliance, but
it's so far been determined for a lot of methods. It's unlikely that
anything other than CR (including Approval) will pass FBC.

Mike Ossipoff