[EM] Markus--Your example does show that ERIRV(f) fails WDSC

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 23:06:23 PDT 2005

Markus--

When you posted a link to your example, I interpreted it as an example of
votes. Of course WDSC examples are examples of preferences, not votes, and
so a votes-example proves nothing. That's why I at first said that your
example doesn't prove that ERIRV(f) fails WDSC.

But then I considered the assumption that the rankings in your example
represent preferences. When they do, your example is indeed a WDSC failure
example for ERIRV(f).

Of course you already knew that, but I'm just saying that I now realize it.

Thanks for settling that matter about ERIRV(f) and WDSC.

Mike Ossipoff