[EM] DMC,AWP,AM

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Wed Mar 30 14:24:56 PST 2005

Dear Forest!

You wrote:

> I wonder if the following Approval Margins Sort (AMS) is equivalent to
> your Approval Margins method:
>
> 1. List the alternatives in order of approval with highest approval at
> the top of the list.
>
> 2. While any adjacent pair of alternatives is out of order pairwise ...
>    among all such pairs swap the members of the pair that differ
>    the least in approval.

It is equivalent to AM for all three-candidate cases, and Chris did not
specify what AM was with more candidates, so AMS is indeed a possible
version of AM. So are Beatpath(AM), Ranked Pairs(AM), and River(AM), and
I wonder which of them, if any, is equivalent to AMS. From the
construction, I guess it must be possible to decide whether AMS is
"immune from second place complaints", which will help answering that
question since Beatpath and River are not, while RP is.

Jobst