[EM] Markus, criteria similiar to majority rule definition

Markus.Schulze at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE Markus.Schulze at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Mon Mar 28 23:57:43 PST 2005

Dear Mike,

You wrote (29 March 2005):
> Yes, but to outdo a majority pairwise vote, it's necessary
> for that MPV to be in a cycle of MPVs _all of which are at
> least as strong as it is_.

In 1997, I proposed the following method (Schulze method,
Schwartz sequential dropping, cloneproof Schwartz sequential
dropping, beatpath method, beatpath winner, path voting,
path winner):

   If p(z)[A,B] > p(z)[B,A], then candidate B must be
   elected with zero probability.

Markus Schulze