[EM] Pairwise Approval Voting

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Sat Mar 26 12:58:13 PST 2005

It "feels like" at first touch Proportional approval. But here's the
thing...

You use the term "pairwise matrix" with cells = 0 or 1 depending upon
whether the alternative is approved or not. But the approval status is by
voter (= by ballot), so are you suggesting a pairwise matrix for each
ballot? That seems unnecessary.

If you mean cell i,j is the count of ballots where i is ranked better than
j, it is the same as various other methods as far as constructing the
alternative pairwise-matrix is concerned.