[EM] About random election methods

Russ Paielli 6049awj02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:03:25 PST 2005

Andrew,

I think voters will reject any method that isn't deterministic. Barring
actual numerical ties, why should the selection of the winner depend in
any way on some random event? Yes, randomness may help thwart strategy,
but so what? Of course strategy is useless if we toss dice to determine
the winner. That's just my opinion, of course.

Regards,
Russ