[EM] LNHarm performance: from B to A

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 28 17:02:03 PST 2005

Hello,

--- Markus.Schulze at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE wrote:
> I suggest that (for the sake of completeness) you should also
> indicate in how many cases ranking the additional candidate A
> changed the winner from one of the other unranked candidates
> to candidate A.

I found these numbers, although I got them by just running the simulations
over again, as that seemed like less work. There were 400,000 CDTT trials,
and 200,000 each of Schulze(wv) and Schulze(margins), and I'm again dividing
them to be out of 100,000:

CDTT,MMPO,FPP: 13.75 LNHarm, 1177 LNHelp, 1315 wins moved from B to A.
Schulze(wv): 211.5 LNHarm, 742.5 LNHelp, 1545 wins moved from B to A.
Schulze(marg): 284.5 LNHarm, 672 LNHelp, 1254.5 wins moved from B to A.

Possibly this information could be used to compare the likelihood of different
effects from adding the A preference.

For instance, in Schulze(margins), harming an earlier preference seemed to be
22.68% as likely as moving the win from B to A, while under CDTT,MMPO,FPP it
happened 1.046% as often, and under Schulze(wv), 13.7% as often.

Or, you could compare the chances of harming another candidate to the chances
of helping another candidate. The former was 1.17% as likely under CDTT, 28.5%
as likely under Schulze(wv), and 42.3% as likely under Schulze(margins).

For comparison, these were the original results:
>CDTT,MMPO,FPP: 13.7 LNHarm, 1177.5 LNHelp.
>Schulze(wv): 193 LNHarm, 750 LNHelp.
>Schulze(marg): 306 LNHarm, 675.5 LNHelp.
>Schulze(opp): 291.5 LNHarm, 838.5 LNHelp.

Kevin Venzke