[EM] Is an approval cutoff option necessary?

Monkey Puzzle araucaria.araucana at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:44:40 PST 2005

I'm starting to think that an approval cutoff option may be too
complicated for a public DMC proposal.

It now seems to me that a graded ballot with C as the lowest passing
grade is fairly intuitive and with 8 approved ranks leaves sufficient
room for voter expression.

But mainly, 16 ranks (0 -- 15) mean that approval can be quickly
measured using the most significant of the 4 bits.

Any comments?

BTW, I tested a simple explanation of DMC (fixed LPG = "C") on my
father and he seemed to actually grasp the basic idea.

I'll use Russ's "can he still explain it a week later" test and tell
you what happens ...

Ted
--
araucaria dot araucana at gmail dot com