[EM] "plain Condorcet" debate

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Thu Mar 24 03:08:50 PST 2005

My two cents on the rampaging "plain Condorcet" vs. "Simpson-Kramer" vs.
"minimax" debate:

	The main thing I don't like don't like about the term "plain Condorcet"
is that it sounds too much like "plain yoghurt". It sounds as if the
voters are getting a half-rate cup of Condorcet that lacks strawberries or
vanilla flavoring. That, and the fact that its historical accuracy is
dubious at best...
	I call this method "minimax", a term that comes from game theory, I
believe. Not that it really matters though, because I don't think the
method is worth using anyway.

cheers,
James