[EM] Markus, 11 March, 0240 GMT

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 17:29:00 PST 2005

Markus--

I'd asked:

    But which of my criteria use the term "majority-rejected"?

You replied:

Did I say that one of your criteria uses the term "majority-
rejected"?

I reply:

You said that my criteria apply only to MinMax because  "majorilty-rejected"
applies only to MinMax (whatever you mean by MinMax).

Markus said:

You used the concept of "majority-rejected"
candidates when you proposed MinMax(winning votes).

I reply:

I've used that term, but it has no role in defining my criteria, and so It
gives you no justification for your claim that my criteria apply only to
MinMax (whatever MinMax means).

You continued:

In your
26 Feb 2005 mail, you claimed that you didn't only propose
MinMax(winning votes), but that you proposed "winning votes"
methods in general.

I reply:

That's correct.

You continued:

You wrote (26 Feb 2005): "He [= David
Gamble] asked who first proposed the wv Condorcet methods.
I'd proposed the wv Condorcet methods."

I reply:

Correct.

You continued:

But your concept
of "majority-rejected" candidates cannot be used for other
methods than MinMax.

I reply:

Let's grant that as correct, but is there a point that you're trying to make
with it?

You continued:

Therefore, the fact that you proposed
your concept of "majority-rejected" candidates to motivate
MinMax(winning votes) doesn't support your claim that you
proposed "winning votes" methods in general.

I reply:

Excuse me, but did I use "majority-rejected" to support my claim that I
proposed "winning-votes" methods in general?

...because the fact that I used the term "majority rejected" doesn't relate
in any way to my claim that I was the first proponent of winning votes
Condorcet.

I proposed winning-votes Condorcet, and I've used the term "majority
rejected". If you're saying thast there's a contradiction there, you haven't
been clear with us about why you think there's a contradiction.

But I hereby give you permission to stop talking about "majority-rejected".
I don't claim to have a precise definition of "majority-rejected". Nor do my
other definitions use "majority-rejected". But, just for you, I'll post a
definition of "majority-rejected", within a few days, when I've caught up
with EM e-mail--though that definition isn't needed, since that term isn't
used in my other definitions.

You continued: