[EM] Markus, "majority-rejected", and some Markus opinions

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 07:13:35 PST 2005

Markus said:

In my recent mails, I wrote that Mike Ossipoff's concept
of "majority rejected" candidates cannot be used for other
election methods than MinMax.

I reply:

But which of my criteria use the term "majority-rejected"?

As I said, my defintiion of defensive strategy uses the term "majority
rule", and, as I said, I´ll post that definition after I get caught up with
list e-mail.

Markus continues:

I also consider his concept
of "offensive" and "defensive" strategies not promising.

I reply:

How´s that for a powerful argument :-)

By the way, Markus, I asked you if any one of a particular list of methods
fails your "SFC version", and if any one of another particular list of
methods passes your "SFC version". You haven´t answered that question. When
you post a crirterion, one could expect you to be able to apply your
criterion.

But let me make it simpler: If you aren´t ready to answer the question
referred to in the previous paragraph, then, for now, answer this quesion:

Does BeatpathWinner meet your criterion that you posted as an alternative
wording for SFC?

Mike Ossipoff