[EM] Brief comment on Russ's posting

Russ Paielli 6049awj02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Jun 25 15:42:21 PDT 2005

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp-at-hotmail.com |EMlist| wrote:

> Russ says:
>
> Assumptions? That Saddam Hussein tortured children and initmidated
> voters? You call those "assumptions"?
>
> I comment:
>
> Saddam probably intimidated voters.

Probably?!!! Yes, Mike, I suppose it is possible that Saddam got 99.96%
of the vote because he was sincerely loved!

> Saddam probably did not torture
> children. That latter story sounds like just the kind of thing that
> comes from the propaganda-mill that Russ has his ear glued to. To
> justify an invasion, all sorts of things like that are invented--and
> lapped up by saps like Russ.

Right, Mike.

> Russ says or implies that U.S. torture consists of disrespecting a holy
> book. Previously I've only used "head-up-the-ass" to refer to voting
> system authors, but an exception is called for, for someone who'd make
> that idiotic implication.

Oh, I see that Mike is elevating his level of discourse. Now its
"head-up-the-ass" rather than just "idiot." Good work, Mike!

For the record, I never said or implied in any way that no U.S.
personnel ever tortured a prisoner. Bad apples exist in any military
force. Mike and his ilk will not be satisfied until not a single case of
torture is committed by U.S. personnel, but his standard for other
nations is not quite so high, is it.

Let me tell you what is absolutely amazing about the infamous Newsweek
story about Koran flushing. What is amazing is not that it was a lie
that Newsweek and the left fell for, hook, line, and sinker. What is
amazing is that the left considers desecration of a holy symbol by the
U.S. military an unforgivable atrocity. But those same people think that
the U.S. taxpayer should *pay for* desecrations of Christian symbols in
the name of art!

Remember "piss-Christ" and that thing that had cow dung splattered on
the Virgin Mary? The loonies on the left not only thought that was
perfectly acceptable "art," they clained with a straight face that any
attempt to defund taxpayer funding for such crap (literally) is
tantamount to "censorship."

Maybe we should *charge* the poor Gitmo prisoners to watch their Koran
desecrated!

> A number of victims are dead as a result of U.S. torture.

A number of *thousands* of victims are dead as a result of Saddam's
torture, not to mention his use of WMDs. And Saddam's victims were not
probable terrorists -- in case that matters to Mike at all.