[EM] Comments on Russ's MinMax posting

Russ Paielli 6049awj02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jun 21 22:52:44 PDT 2005

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp-at-hotmail.com |EMlist| wrote:

> Russ is saying that we should guarantee what will happen under sincere
> voting even when that results in a voting system that will discourage
> sincere voting. That could only be said by the kind of trog who falls
> into line when his leader says that it's altruistic to kill and maim
> people, and deny them self-government in order to free them.

Can anyone here begin to fathom the mindset that allows someone to make
such bizarre claims? Am I missing something, or is Mike actually
implying that Iraq had "self-government" under Saddam Hussein but has
been denied it by the United States? Is he actually implying that
Afghanistan had "self-government" under the Taliban -- which didn't
allow women to show their faces in public?

And this guy considers himself knowledgable about democracy?

Black is white. Up is down. Good is bad. Tyranny is self-government.

Even Orwell would be impressed.