[EM] Power truncation

Chris Benham chrisbenham at bigpond.com
Sun Jun 19 21:55:04 PDT 2005

Kevin,
Regarding  MMPO with  "Power Truncation"  in this example:

49 A
24 B
27 C>B

I wrote:
According to my interpretation, the only effect of  PT here is to raise
C's score from  49 to 73, only changing the result from a BC tie to B
winning decisively.

You replied:

>It seems to me that, according to your interpretation, there is no difference
>between voting C>B and C=B.

That's right. In (at least) this type of example, MMPO with "Power
Truncation" and all the voters exercising that option seems to be
equivalent to Approval.
Interpreting any (above equal-last) ranking as Approval, the candidate's
MMPO plus "Power Truncation" scores are all the inverse of their
Approval scores.

Chris  Benham