[EM] Does cycle-collapsing spoil MMPO's FBC compliance?

Anthony Duff anthony_duff at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 5 23:09:04 PDT 2005

Hi Mike,

Your statements about insincere voting in Australia don't ring true
with me, and I know a lot of Australians.

Would you please share your information concerning Australians voting
insincerely.

I would have characterised Australian voters as taking seriously the
opportunity to express their true opinions regardless of any
potential for strategy.  For example, in the recent federal election,
in the seat of Wentworth, there was a widely publicised
three-way-contest.  The popular media seemed oblivious to any
strategy potential.  Some broadsheet opinion pieces noted that the
middle candidate needed to come second (not third) in first
preferences in order to win, but they failed to even explore the
possibility of labour voters (labour was the sure-loser of the three)
abanding their favourite to give the win to the middle candidate.
Given your occassional statements that strategic voting occurs in
Australia, I was actively looking for evidence, but was unable to
find any.