[EM] Markus: BeatpathWinner algorithm

Russ Paielli 6049awj02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:43:06 PDT 2005

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp-at-hotmail.com |EMlist| wrote:

> Markus continues:
>
> I had posted the Floyd algorithm in a
> private mail (30 April 2000) to David Catchpole, Blake Cretney,
> Steve Eppley, Rob Lanphier, Norman Petry, and you.
>
> I reply:
>
> And you sent that to us for no particular reason, as a sort of random
> cold advertising? :-)

And why do you post your insights to EM, Mike? Random cold advertising?

Don't you just love it when Mike puts one of those ":-)" symbols after
one of his statements. Everyone else I know who uses those does so to
make it clear that no offense is intended, but Mike uses them to accent
an intended insult and to compliment himself on his own "wit." What is
wrong with this guy?

> Or was there perhaps a different reason why you sent it to us--like for
> instance because we'd previously mentioned it.
>
> You see the problem: Why send that to us if we hadn't previously
> mentioned a similar algorithm?

Huh? So nobody would ever send out an algorithm unless the person(s) to
whom he sends it had previously mentioned a similar algorithm? Am I
missing something here?