[EM] BeatpathWinner algorithm

Markus Schulze markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 2 01:02:39 PDT 2005

Dear Mike Ossipoff,

you wrote (2 June 2005):
> It wasn't "Mike's". It was from Steve, and I said so.
> Russ got the algorithm from me, just as I got it from Steve.
> As I said, it wasn't "Mike's" algorithm. I got it from Steve,
> and Russ got it from me.

That isn't quite correct. I had posted the Floyd algorithm in a
private mail (30 April 2000) to David Catchpole, Blake Cretney,
Steve Eppley, Rob Lanphier, Norman Petry, and you. Obviously, you
didn't understand the Floyd algorithm because your implementation
had a runtime of O(NumberOfCandidates^5) while the Floyd algorithm
has a runtime of O(NumberOfCandidates^3). But the fact that you
mistakenly called your implementation "Floyd algorithm" showed
that you read my mail and tried to implement that algorithm that
was described in my mail.

Markus Schulze