[EM] Russ's stories about me and computer programs

Russ Paielli 6049awj02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jun 1 22:52:38 PDT 2005

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp-at-hotmail.com |EMlist| wrote:

> Russ continued:
>
> Mike then explained that he couldn't handle the Python convention of
> using indentation, in lieu of "endif" and "endfor" delimiters, to define
> the logical structure.
>
> I comment:
>
> No, I didn't say that. I said that e-mail often can't handle the
> indentation. I said that e-mail sometimes loses the correct
> indentations. For that reason, I suggested that I add the endif and
> endfor, to mark the end of those blocks. They could be removed prior to
> use, or they could be left in as "comments".
>
> That's an example of Russ's outright lying.

Well, it's an example of outright lying alright, but not by me. Think
about it. Mike says that, "e-mail often can't handle the indentation."
That's baloney. This isn't rocket science, folks. Let's try a little
test right here:

for x in mylist:
     if x > zz:
         x += qq
     else:
         print "any problem with indentation here?"

print "no problem at all"

By the way, I had no problem with the indentation in the code Mike
emailed to me.

The fact is that Mike simply could not grasp the idea of having no
explicit "end" delimiters. But that should be no surprise, considering
that he puts stuff like "[end of MMPO AERLO definition]" after a
one-sentence "definition."

Mike has no scruples about calling me a liar, but he is the one who has
a proven track record of lying about me. I suspect that reasonable
people will have little difficulty figuring out who the real liar is here.

As far as I am concerned, the worst kind of lie is one falsely accusing
someone else of lying. But that's Mike for you.